Saturday, June 23, 2007

my assigment 2

Name : Siti Nor Asikin Binti Husain
No. Matrik : A 104953

Assignment 2 : Individual Online Listening and Writing

Task 1 : In Your Dream

My listening experience about online listening and writing are, in my first I heard my friend experience. They told me that they don’t like to listen Prof. David Crystal’s recording. So I think I don’t like too before I listen that. As you know, Prof. David Crystal spoke in American Language. Beside that, he spoke not clear and very fast. So, for me is very difficult to understand what their had said.

First, I loggoed onto the website and I choose one topic is In Your Dream. When I first listen this topic, I cannot understand a lot of words because her language is very difficult to me while I just listen that. I listen for many times and lastly I don’t have many choice and then I read the audio script. So that I know a lot of words while I cannot understand before that. After that I listen again. I can understand better than before that.


Task 2 : Wysiwyg

First, when I listen the topic I cannot understand a lot of word. Then after I read and I listen again I can understand the topic. In my opinion, online listening practice can help me to learn more and I can improve my listening skill. I can learn new vocabulary too. If I listen a lot of topic like that maybe I can improve my skill to understand difficult vocabulary. But I don’t like to listen that because it is so boring.

My new vocabulary are:

circumstance - fact, occurrence, or condition

accolade - praise given, touch made with sword at conferring of
knighthood

No comments: