Friday, June 8, 2007

nadirah samsuddin

Assalamualaikum… to my lovely friends.

Today I have gone in to learning English page. This is for ASSIGNMENT 2: TASK 2. You know, Professor David Crystal was speaking fast enough to me. For this period, I have chosen a title WYSIWYG in FOR TEACHER page. It is about an acronym meaning ‘what you see is what you get’. It storied how the word begins used by people. It origin from the United States, in a television show, in the early 1970s; it was called ‘Rowan and Martin’s Laugh-In’. An actor there called Flip Wilson appeared as a cross-dressing character called Geraldine and as he came on, he would say, ‘what you see, it what you get!’

From this article I have learn new vocabulary such as, CIRCUMSTANCES, BROCHURE, SCENERY and ACCOLADE. I find out the meanings of the word from dictionary. So I can understand what David Crystal has talked in WYSIWYG.

I think in this page, the sentence a bit difficult from the penguin reader’s book. I should read more than once. Like usual, sometime I can’t catch the word’s hided. So I need read the transcript of the audio. Em.. I think I should stop here. That all for today about my story and what I have done for this assignment. Ok, salam..

No comments: